SWEDISH a.k.a. I NEED A VACATION
- Increases circulation. Increases relaxation.
- Decreases muscle tension and toxins. Decreases stress. Decreases aches and pains.
- Swedish is a well-known type of massage which is both relaxing and therapeutic. Lotion or oil is used. Technique includes long gliding strokes as well as kneading and percussion.
DEEP TISSUE a.k.a. I NEED A PAINKILLER
- Increases energy. Increases range of motion. Increases relaxation. Increases release of oxytocin and serotonin.
- Decreases chronic pain. Decreases knots and scar tissue. Decreases blood pressure. Decreases stress.
- Deep tissue is similar to Swedish however deeper pressure helps release muscle tension. Greater focus is spent on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons and fascia. Strokes are slow and firm.
SHIATSU a.k.a. I NEED A RE-SET BUTTON
- Increases relaxation. Increases energy and re-balancing of body. Increases mobility. Increases proper digestion.
- Decreases stress. Decreases back, neck, shoulder stiffness/pain. Decreases sinus congestion and headaches.
- Shiatsu - a personal massage favorite - is acupressure massage working with the body's energy pathways. Think acupuncture without the needles! Shiatsu is incredibly relaxing and restores balance to the body. Unlike the other massage modalities, you remain fully clothed during a Shiatsu massage.
MYOFASCIAL THERAPY (MFT) a.k.a. I NEED RECOVERY
- Increases specific results. Increases self-healing. Increases circulation.
- Decreases chronic pain. Decreases tightness.
- Myofascial Therapy is anatomically focused work addressing the body's special problems including postural issues, decreased range of motion of a joint, and various other injuries. MFT work is therapeutic in nature and may require your ongoing feedback throughout the session.
CUSTOMIZED COMBINATION a.k.a I DON'T KNOW WHAT I NEED
- A combination of the above techniques will be used to address your personal and physical needs.
CHAIR MASSAGE a.k.a. BENEFITS IN AS LITTLE AS 5 MINUTES
- Increases alertness. Increases productivity and performance (at work), Increases general wellbeing and morale.
- Decreases stress. Decreases muscle tension.
- See the "For Businesses" page for more detailed information.
- Chair massage is generally offered at the workplace or public events. Sessions range 5-20 minutes and you remain fully clothed. Chair is ideal to address neck, shoulder, back, and hand/arm issues.